Toffee Maple Crunch
Though not your typical cookie, these have an amazing combination of textures and flavors, one you try them you will be hooked. Since it is almost impossible to but, breaking them is fun and you can eat as little or as much as you like. Be careful, they are infused. I couldn’t find Matzo around our town, so I picked up a cheap hard cookie.
Yield 16 servings
- 6 Hard Biscuits, such as Matzo. I used Lemon Hard shortbread cookies
- 1 stick or 4 OZ of infused butter
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Infused Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup of Infused Milk Chocolate Melted, see below. 2 tbsp. of Infused Oil/Butter
Optional: 1 cup Almond slices, nuts or sea salt.
FYI: I used a top layer of icing sugar.
- Preheat Over to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with foil. make sure you cover sides.
- Line with cookies, allowing space between them.
- Place the infused butter and sugar in small heavy saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Continue cooking, until the bubbles have bubbles about 2-3 minutes. Do not let it burn. Take off heat, carefully add the infused vanilla extract and mix well. Drizzle over the cookies, using a pastry brush to make sure to get all the cookies covered.
- Transfer to the oven, bake until bubbly and looks “dry” 10 minutes or so. This can burn easily, make sure to stay in the kitchen. In the meantime, in a double boiler melt 1 cup of milk chocolate wafers and 2 tbsp. of either infused coconut oil or butter, infuse together.
- Remove from oven and distribute the melted chocolate over the toffee cookies, place back in over for 1 minute to make sure the cookies get Happy.
- Take out and cool, or add any of the options.
These Cookies didn’t last very long. I gave some away and ate the rest quickly.
These can be dangerously addictive. Eat with Caution.
Welcome To My Story
Cannabis Enthusiast : Craft Edible Creator : Recreation and Leisure Professional : Blogger
A Craft Edible Experience